Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Will the insanity never end...

Christmas is officially over in our house.  The tree is down and back in it's box; the decorations, minus the few that I broke in the process, are in their plastic storage tubs and the house is clean.  I realized this was the last Christmas we'd be spending in Germany, so this prompted the repacking of above boxes, ready for our overseas move in a few months, and the decision I was not going struggle back up the attic ladder, with boxes that weigh more than a small child.

Housework done, I settled down to study for upcoming exams, only to be seriously distracted by a stain on my extremely large and unruly (as in too big to handle) hessian rug.  I love having company at any time, but come on people, if you spill something either admit to it or clean it up yourself, don't rub it into the rug with your shoe.  Having dogs, this then acts as it's own little black hole, sucking any and all dog hairs that come into it's orbit, firmly into the centre where it will take a small nuclear explosion to remove it.  I swear when I find the culprit (who I'm fairly sure I know the identity of already), I may be tempted to set off said explosion in their area, and leave someone else to clean up the resulting mess. 

Stain suitably beaten into submission, I settled back down to my studies again.  when will I learn that once interrupted, the flow will never be restored.  I was then confronted with the Mystery of the Missing Shoes.  no, not a new Agatha Christie novel that has just been unearthed, but somewhere between Frankfurt airport and her home, my MIL has succeeded in losing not one, but two, pairs of shoes, that were last seen firmly packed into her checked baggage.  Of course, I am expected to drop anything of any importance to myself, and hunt those bad boys down... so the search continues for something I know isn't in this home !

I'm going to give the studying one last shot before I go to bed, as Hubbs has announced he needs to kill things on Call of Duty, I'm pretty sure this time I might get past the same section, I've read several times over the course of the day.  Headphones will go on, if the phone rings I'm not here and all the shoes and stains in the world can go find someone else to pester.

I need a holiday to recover, or some way to retain my sanity (what little I have) in this totally insane world I live in.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering if my hubby is less of a man, cos he doesn't play COD.

    Probably.

    ReplyDelete