Yes, I know a slightly blasphemous start to my blog, but after all it's my blog, and I'll start it how I like.
Christmas in our household was a somewhat muted affair. After being married for 10 years, my Mother-in-Law, finally decided to spend Christmas with her son... or should I say, I entertained her for the whole 15 days she was here, while it appeared to me that her son had suddenly developed the talents shown in the movie "The Illusionist". what baffles me here is, when did he have the time to go to class to learn all this slight of hand, er body, stuff, and why wasn't I invited. Needless to say, like many of us women out there, I now need a long holiday somewhere to get over the holidays.
We are currently in Germany, and have been since '08, and I've enjoyed every minute of it, including the oodles of snow we get, and watching Hubby dig us out, while drinking my hot steamy coffee; but I guess you get the picture! However, and sadly, this is our last winter here as we are being shunted off to who knows where by the Army in the summer. There is a lot of truth in the phrase "Home is where the Army send us", all we do know is it will be back in the US, and Hubbs can finally stop whining about the slow internet we get in our little village. Which also means, that I can blog or surf while he plays his COD, without him demanding to know "what are you doing on that thing, you're sucking my bandwidth". I could make a comment about sucking things, but until we get to know each other better, I'll restrain myself.
School starts back up for me again tomorrow... yay (and no that's not an enthusiastic yay), I do my classes via webinar to the US on my laptop... but I guess you all can see where this is going, if you've read the above paragraph !
So why am I writing a blog? Well, we've all been told at some point or another that we should write a book, well I have several times by my dearest friend and my Hubby, and looking back over the things that have happened so far in my "career" as an Army Wife, I decided they might be noteworthy and give someone out there a chuckle, even if it is at my bad spelling and grammar. BTW, I'm English, so I don't want to hear any comments on my spelling the word "centre" wrong, if indeed I ever do use it and my use of U when any Americans reading don't deem it worthy to be included in a word such as armour!
Like most things people start, it all hinges on Monday. why poor old Monday pulled the short straw on being the day everybody chooses to start new things is beyond me, and will remain forever one of those little mysteries we mull over, when the bottom of an alcoholic beverage has been reached several times over. Today being Monday, I am, for once in my life, going to follow the herd and start something new on this day. I personally, and usually like, to choose one of the lesser frequented days like Wednesday or Thursday; how many times have you heard anyone say... "oh I'm going to start going to the gym on Thursday", or "Wednesday is the first day of my new diet"; it's always a Bank Holiday Monday, not any other day of the week. The Germans have the right idea, if a holiday falls mid week, or any day through the week for that fact, they have the day off work, no fuss, no mess... day off, done!
One last paragraph "Thank God" I hear you cry, before I click publish and submit this to the whims of the internet: There probably won't be something exciting and bizarre worth blogging about, going on every day, so don't expect scribblings everyday; Hubby will be referred to as just that, or Hubbs, in my posts for obvious reasons to any Military folk out there and, finally, any persons mentioned on here may exist in my realm, but will have their names changed or be given nicknames to prevent their being pestered about this. Anyone I am likely to mention in my blog, will most likely be reading it anyway, but I just wanted to put it out there. Lastly, if you do feel the need to leave a comment, please keep the language as clean as possible, as I do have a couple of youngsters that will be reading this, in turn I will try to keep mine in the realms of things you would say in the company of your Grandma.
So here goes, I'm about to publish the first in, I hope, many postings of various kinds. I hope you enjoy :)
Let me know when you get back to that 'sucking' post..
ReplyDelete